Tuesday, February 26, 2008

nazi gold..

Hello all,


I have to admit, I'm a real sucker for stories of buried treasure. Like many kids, I dreamed of finding a hidden map and going of on an exciting treasure hunt. For that reason, I believe that Indiana Jones, in my opinion, is the greatest action hero ever created for the screen and the best moments in that franchise are when Mr. Jones fights the greatest of all movie villains, the Nazi as they attempt to plunder Europe of all things valuable. Tales of hidden vaults, caves and mine shafts filled with Nazi booty, (German strip club joke here) have always been the stuff of legend. That is until today.

It seems that a group of German treasure hunters have found a cavern that contains gold stolen from St. Petersburg. The location of the man-made cavern were found in an old notebook belonging to the deceased grandfather of one of the hunters.

Good stuff.


s