Saturday, March 8, 2008

South by Southwest day 1

hello all,

I'm writing this post in downtown Austin, host of the SXSW Film, Music and Interactive festival. This has to be one of the better festivals in the country. Everything from the films to the panels to the parties has been (so far) really great.

I went to the opening night party last night at a bar on the famous 6th street, famous because this downtown street is lined with bars and restaurants and can get very rowdy and last night was no exception. Last night's party was hosted by A&E and consisted of two major party favors, open bar and free buffet. Thank you A&E!

As usual, one sees a lot of self promotion at these things and this year is no different. So many people walking around talking into their cameras, staging scenes, interviewing people etc. everyone is in their own little movies. During a film conference panel this morning, I watched a guy from the audience video tape himself asking a question to the panel all the while plugging his website. By the time he was done, I had forgotten the question.

That's all for now, off to another party and more free grub. I think I have three lined up tonight and more Sunday and Monday. At some point, I should probably see a film.

more tomorrow!

s