Thursday, February 7, 2008

misc...

Hello all,

grab bag today.

Really interesting online photo gallery courtesy of National Geographic and photograper Vincent Laforet. The topic is the "drying of the west". Some of the photos of lush green golf courses in the middle of the desert, where it is the only thing growing for hundreds of miles really make you question the logic. I remember flying into places like Phoenix and Las Vegas and looking down at all of these plush lawns and golf courses and wondering why one would move to the desert and expect to not live in the desert? But hey, as long as I can get a little golf year round, what's a few million gallons of water right? Ahh, the hubris.

I don't know about you, but I have really become excited about this political race. Now I know the system is flawed, too much money, soft or otherwise, too many lobbyists etc, but the idea of a change is really refreshing. We've been down for so long in this country that I really feel a buzz in the air that something good could happen. Then again, when you are coming from the worst administration in history it doesn't take much to excite you.

I hate to do this, but I have to laugh when the Britney Spears camp is blaming the manager for her erratic behavior. Remember when she was a kid and the mom and others ran the show? Then she had to break away from that, show the world that she was her own person only to now once again blame someone else for her actions. She's running out of people to blame. Again, sorry about the TMZing of this blog. I'll never do it again..unless my Svengali like manager forces me to do so.

s