Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wild and Crazy....


Hello all,

I've just finished the new Steve Martin book, "Born Standing Up: A Comics Life". I'm typically a very slow reader, but I ripped through this book in a couple of days. It's a really, really interesting read and a must for anyone with an interest in comedy.

I have always been a casual fan of Steve Martin, he was never was the type of comedian that I naturally related to, until that is I read this book. Martin describes in great detail the work that he put into shaping his stand up act and forever changed my opinion of him. When you read the number of shows on the road, the number of appearances he made on television before he made any real impact, it's staggering.

"I did stand-up comedy for 18 years. Ten of those years were spent learning, four years were spent refining and four were spent in wild success."

then he walked away and never returned. A really good read.

Now Mr. Martin, about those movies

s