Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Send in the clown's...killer.

Hello all,

Now I will be the first to admit, I've never cared for clowns. Even as a kid I would always look down at their "anything for a laugh" style of comedy with as much lil' Shane disdain as I could muster. I liked my comedy to have a certain amount of sophistication and class..like "The Beverly Hillbilly's" for example...(oh Ellie May, will you ever leave my dreams?). Well it appears that that as much as Colombians like cocaine, they hate clowns even more..(go with me on this). During a show in front of a small crowd of 20 people (mostly children), someone jumped out of the audience and shoots one of the clowns in the head. Then another clown was shot outside as he stood by the ticket booth. Last year, a well known circus clown, Pepe, was also shot down in Columbia.

Authorities close to the case are claiming that the Colombian Clown Cartel is sending a message to other clowns across the country. Other reports involve several incidents of drive by "seltzerings" in which witnesses describe 12 heavily painted men driving away in a very tiny, yet somewhat comical, vehicle. Bobo, who has been an outspoken critic of the Clown Cartel, has had several attempts on his life and claims to have woken up one morning to find the head of his rubber chicken in bed with him. "I know what is at stake", said Bobo. his serious tone belying the painted on smile on his face, "But I'm not just doing this for me. I'm doing this for all my fallen soldiers...Freckles, Droopy, JoJo, Poodles, Ocho, Twinkles, Patches and Professor Baggy Britches."

hang in there Bobo.

s