Sunday, June 1, 2008

That's Hedley...


Hello all,

Sad news from Los Angeles as news that Harvey Korman died. He was 81.



I was always a fan of Mr. Korman and never felt he received the credit he deserved in regards to his work on the Carol Burnett show as well as his film work with Mel Brooks. But in my opinion, there is no "Blazing Saddles" without Mr. Korman's brilliant work as the character Hedley Lamar. The work he does in each scene is a perfect balance of physical and this intense seething you feel his character has just below the surface. As close to perfect as you can get in my book.









On "The Carol Burnett Show", I always felt that Tim Conway always received far to much credit while Korman received too little as the straight man to Conway's incessant mugging. Gene Wilder and Harvey Korman have always been two of my favorite comedic actors of all time and my guess is that Mel Brooks would agree since he cast them both in almost everything he did. Thanks Harvey, you will be missed.

s