Wednesday, September 26, 2007

For the record...

Hello all,

As you know, our relationship cannot continue to flourish without complete honesty and open communication. Now with this environment of openness in mind, something has come to be my attention that I feel I must clarify. A good friend of mine informed me that one day they typed my name in the Google search window, and were surprised to find that along with my many listings, (glowing reviews, award winning projects etc) they discovered something less than flattering.

All right, in the spirit of honesty, I must confess something before we go on. There really weren’t that many glowing reviews or award winning projects listed in Google. In fact there weren’t any.

And while I’m at it..it really wasn’t a friend that typed my name in Google. I don’t really have what you would call friends. I in fact typed it on my own computer.

OK, I don’t technically own a computer. Some guy at Starbucks said I could borrow his for a moment.

OK, he left it on while he went to the restroom.

But it was Google.

Anyway, the thing that I really want to talk about is one of the listings I discovered for “Shane Estep”.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ38/Alias?id=1204158

It seems that a Shane “Patrick” Estep is listed in Missouri as a registered sex offender. Now you can understand my concern that someone of this ilk would somehow, even for a moment, be confused with me. So I want to set the record straight, I know nothing of this horrible situation, I don’t know this person and I’ve never even been to Missouri.

OK, I went to Missouri once..in Jasper county..on that date, but that is it. That is where the similarities end. Did I meet a woman there? Yes, a lovely woman who was over eighteen thank you very much!

All right, technically she may have been 17 but you would not have known by looking at her, I swear. That being said, all we did was talk. Then I tipped my hat to her and said “goodnight”.

OK, maybe there was a monetary offer of some sort; I can’t remember all of the details. But look, clearly the picture isn’t of me, so the issue is closed.

Now, could I, (had I been inclined) have offered another inmate in the holding tank a twelve pack of Coors Light if he would switch identities with me, he becoming Shane Estep and I would become Dwayne “Skeeter” Barksdale. I suppose, but it didn’t happen.

OK it did happen.

Wow, I must say, this whole “honesty” thing is really refreshing. I hope you have all learned something here today, I know I have.

OK, I haven’t.

s